Among many accolades, he won the Le Mans 24 Hours an unprecedented six times and twice finished runner-up in the Formula 1 World Championship. This exhaustively researched book has been written with his full co-operation and outlines every one of the 565 races that he contested in cars and on motorcycles, forming a detailed and insightful record of his racing life supported by over 850 photographs, many of which have never been published before.
- Starting in motorcycle trials, Ickx was twice crowned Belgian champion before switching to four wheels; he immediately proved himself a winner in touring cars and single-seaters, becoming European Formula 2 Champion in 1967.
- From 1967, he established himself as a star in sports cars, driving blue-and-orange Gulf Mirages and Ford GT40s to numerous successes, culminating in his first Le Mans victory in 1969 with its famously close finish.
- Snapped up by Ferrari for 1968, he achieved a heroic first Formula 1 victory in that year’s rain-soaked French Grand Prix, confirming his career-long reputation for peerless driving in wet weather.
- Other than one season with Brabham, Ickx spent his best Formula 1 years with Ferrari, achieving eight wins in the period 1968–72, and twice finishing second in the World Championship standings, with Brabham (1969) and Ferrari (1970).
- Post-Ferrari, his Formula 1 fortunes waned but he thrived in sports cars, claiming three successive Le Mans victories, with Mirage in 1975, then with Porsche.
- After his fifth Le Mans win in 1981, the rebirth of sports car racing in the Group C era from 1982 saw Ickx as anchorman in the all-conquering works Porsche team, a four-year period that brought his record sixth Le Mans victory, 12 wins in total, and two World Champion titles.
- After retirement from circuit racing, his later career took him into entirely different motorsport adventures in rally raids, where his Paris–Dakar record includes victory in 1983 (driving a Mercedes-Benz) and second places in 1986 (Porsche) and 1989 (Peugeot).
Your satisfaction is our goal. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return the merchandise within 7 days for an exchange or refund in the form of original payment. The item returned must be in its original product packaging in salable condition and mailed in an appropriate size shipping box.
Please inspect your order upon delivery. If your merchandise arrives damaged or defective, please contact Customer Service immediately. Customers only have 7 days after the delivered product arrives to exchange or return damaged product and 48 hours to prove product is defected or damaged after filing claim.
Return Information: Shipping and handling charges are not refundable
In-Store Pick-UpCustomers have up to 30 days to pick up orders under our In-Store Pick-Up option. After 30 days if the order is not retrieved by the customer the order will be considered forfeited and returns and/or exchanges cannot be processed.
Special OrdersOrders for 'Special Order' items canceled more than one week from the order date are subject to a 25% restocking fee as governed by the manufacturer
Oversized and special delivery items may be subject to a delivery charge noted on the product page.
Some oversized and white glove delivery items require additional shipping time and may be shipped by truck within the contiguous U.S., as noted on the product page.
Items ordered together may not arrive in the same box. Most packages will be shipped by Fed-Ex. Fed-Ex Smart Post option will have Fed-Ex transport package to your local USPS and final delivery will be made by your local mail carrier.
There is a 9 lb. limit for delivery to P.O. Boxes.
Shipping charges are non-refundable
To determine shipping rates, simply begin the checkout process. After entering the address information, you can review your order with the shipping charges added.
Most products can be shipped to international addresses, though some oversized items cannot be shipped to an international address.
Recipient is responsible for all applicable customs duties, tariffs, taxes, or Value Added Tax (VAT), which are collected by the carrier upon delivery.
Delivery should take 5–7 business days to reach your country provided that there are no unforeseen delays in customs.